Frequently Asked Questions

Looking for something specific?


Discount for Military, Veterans, Police & First Responders Discount?

What is the discount?

The discount is 10% off the nightly rate (so before taxes, etc.) for active, retired, veterans, police/law enforcement and first responders, and those discharged for disability while serving.

How to get discount:

The reservation must be in the name of the person the discount would apply to, and they must be present during the stay. Please fill out all questions in the booking process form in regards to your military service or occupation.  

Once we have received your booking, your discount will be processed manually and you will receive an updated email confirmation. Refunds can not be issued after this window expires. Finally, please include your reservation ID number to ensure proper application.

Thank you for your service and we hope you enjoy your stay at Cabins in Broken Bow.

What are the driving distances to Broken Bow?

  • 190 miles from Dallas, TX (DFW airport), 3.5 hours driving time
  • 250 miles from Oklahoma City, OK, 4.5 hours driving time
  • 220 miles from Tulsa, OK, 4 hours driving time
  • 155 miles from Shreveport, LA, 3 hours driving time

Is there an address for our cabin?

No, most of the cabins do not have a physical address.

We recommend against using GPS to find your cabin as it is often inaccurate.

We send detailed directions to the property in your second confirmation when you are paid in full.

Please consult a current map for routes to the Broken Bow, Beavers Bend State Park area from your location.

I use MapQuest/Google maps, what is our cabin address?

Please do not use MapQuest or Google maps to get to the property itself. These have proven undependable at providing good directions into our region. Our written directions will pick up from the main intersection of Broken Bow. The address to the grocery store there is 201 South Park Drive. This will get you to the main intersection.

Can I pay cash for my reservation?

Sorry, we do not accept cash.

Are the cabins pet friendly?

Some cabins allow pets and others do not. The cabin description will state if “yes” in the pet category if it is permissible. Strict policies apply to pet friendly cabins. Please view our policies page or your confirmation email for details.

What if the number of guests in our party is more than what the cabin sleeps, can we use air mattresses, RV’s or tents?

No, due to fire marshal regulations and insurance purposes, the number of guests per cabin is strictly enforced. If you have more people in your party, we recommend reserving a larger cabin or 2 cabins close together. No tents or RV parking/hook-up on cabin property is permitted.  The maximum capacity of the cabin is inclusive of the cabin property and can not be exceeded by the use of RV and/or tents. Hooking up an RV will be assessed a $100 per night fee in addition to an over occupancy failure to comply fee of $100 per night/per person, if applicable.

Where do I check-in and get the key to the cabin?

Included in your second confirmation email (Directions and Key Code in the subject), there will be detailed driving directions to your cabin from Broken Bow and a keyless entry code that you can use to access the cabin.  You may go directly to your cabin.  There is no need to stop anywhere first.

Can I buy groceries locally?

Yes, there is a large grocery store in Broken Bow (Pruett’s Grocery), 15 minutes from most of the cabins.

The local convenience (fuel) stores have limited groceries, beverages, snacks and condiments.

We also offer grocery service for a $25 or 25% (whichever is greater) surcharge where we can stock your cabin for your arrival. (Not available for Sierra, Cimarron, or Safari.)

Are fireworks permitted in the cabin areas?

No, fireworks are not permitted in the cabin areas.

I am looking for a secluded cabin, which cabins are secluded?

Please contact us for specific details concerning secluded cabins. Most of our cabins are located on 1 or more acres.

If you are looking for privacy and seclusion, we have a select few cabins that fit that description.

Do I need a fishing license to go fishing?

Yes, fishing licenses can be purchased at any of the local convenience stores or Wal-Mart. You can also purchase your fishing license online here.

Do you offer romantic packages?

When making reservation, there is option for the Celebration Package. We will, however, do our best to meet your requests by supplying wine, champagne, flowers, or other items requested, whenever possible, in order to help make your stay memorable and special.

Don’t hesitate to ask. We’ll do what we can.

Do the cabins have telephones?

No, please make sure to bring your own cell phone.

Do the cabins have fire pits or fire rings?

Yes, each cabin has an outside fire pit for roasting hot dogs, s’mores, etc. If you’re planning to build an outside fire, you may either gather wood (plentiful in the nearby woods) or bring your own.

You may also purchase wood at the time you make your reservation and it will be waiting for you upon your arrival at the cabin. Pricing is listed when making your reservation.

Are any cabins on the lake?

No, Broken Bow Lake is managed by the Army Corps of Engineers which does not allow building on the water.

This is why Broken Bow Lake is one of the cleanest lakes in the nation.

Most cabins are within a 10 minute drive to lake access.  See the previous question “How far are the cabins from the park and lake,” for a list of exclusions.

Can I rent a boat?

Yes, party barges, fishing boats, jet skis and more are available at Beavers Bend Marina 580-494-6455. For more details see Things To Do Page.

Are there mountain bike and hiking trails in the area?

All designated bike/hiking trails are located within the boundaries of Beavers Bend State Park.

Check with the Nature Center or the State Park office for trail maps and directions.

It is a good idea to notify the Nature Center (580-494-6556) or State Park office (580-494-6300) to let them know your plans to hike or bike the trails.

Are there designated ATV trails?

Yes, you must have an access pass to ride on any of the Three Rivers trails (Weyerhaeuser land). The cost is $40 per person per year for Oklahoma Residents, $85 per person per year for non-residents

ATV access fees may be paid at Wal-Mart, most convenience stores or at the Beavers Bend State Park office.

Forestry Department has area ATV trail maps and info. Be sure to obtain and understand the rules and regulations before riding the trails.

The nearest ATV access is one mile North of the Northern Hills addition. The trails going East and West from this point do not require an access pass.

Please read the ATV rules posted on the tree on the East side for any updates.

What and where is Hochatown?

Hochatown is located 8 miles north of Broken Bow

Hochatown is not an actual city but is still referred to the “town” that is closest to Broken Bow Lake.

Original Hochatown actually sits below Broken Bow Lake

How do I get to Broken Bow?

You can use this address:

201 S. Park Drive
Broken Bow, OK 74728

Then follow the detailed driving directions included in your second confirmation e-mail to reach the property.

If we reserve a cabin today, how much will be charged to our credit card?

Upon reservation, the first night rental will be run as a deposit. The amount will be credited to your total balance, the remaining balance will be charged at 9am 14 days before your arrival (30 days for holiday dates.)

You will receive an initial confirmation email when your reservation is made, then 14 days (30 for holidays) prior to your arrival you will receive a second confirmation email with driving directions/key code for your cabin.  If booking over the phone, please respond to your initial confirmation with acceptance of our policies.

What is your cancellation policy?

You can view our complete cancellation policy on our policies page.

What time is checkin and check-out?

Check in is 4pm.

Check out is at 11am.

We are reserving multiple cabins, which ones are close together?

Descriptions of each cabin include other cabins that are close in proximity. In addition, on our will state if “yes” in the pet category if it is permissible. Strict policies apply to pet friendly cabins. Please view our map page, you can view cabins grouped together by walking distance.

Feel free to call our office and we will assist you.

What will I need to bring?

• All of our cabins are fully furnished with towels, bed linens, bar soaps in the showers/tubs and wash cloths.

• They also include kitchens with all of the basic cookware.

• You will need to bring your own cooking accessories for any specialized cooking you will be doing.

• If your cabin has a charcoal grill you will need to bring your own charcoal.

• If you plan having an outdoor fire, firewood can be purchased at the time you make your reservation and the wood will be waiting for you upon your arrival.

• We also begin your stay with toilet paper in the bathrooms and a paper towel in the kitchen. Bar soap in the bathrooms, dish soap & dishwasher tabs.

• You may require more or have a favorite brand that you should bring.

Are there places to eat close by?

Yes, there are several restaurants in the immediate Hochatown area, for a full list please visit our our Things-To-Do page.

Also, there are more restaurants in Broken Bow, see link above.

How far are the cabins from the Broken Bow Lake and Beavers Bend State Park?

Most of our cabins are located within a five to ten minute drive of both the Broken Bow Lake and Beavers Bend State Park. Jones on the River, Safari, Sierra, and Cimarron are a 30-40 minute drive to the lake and park.  Crooked Creek and No Worries are 15-20 minutes.  Cliffhouse and Summit House are 20-25 minutes due to mountain driving.

Do you allow smoking in the cabins?

No, we do not allow smoking in our cabins, please review our policies.

I’ve tried to utilize your reservations page and it says my cabin is available until I click on it, is it working?

The availability list is real-time and accurate; the dates entered will list all available cabins first.

Are you putting in your correct dates?  The cabin may be available on the check-in date but not for the rest of your requested days.

The overall calendar on the left sidebar shows green if at least one cabin is available for that night and red if all cabins are booked. Please select “availability” for the cabin you are interested in for cabin specific openings.

Can we check-in before 4pm?

Possibly, please call the day of your arrival and we can better answer your question.

Do the cabins have wireless internet?

Many of our cabins have wireless, but not all. Each cabin page will note if the cabin has wireless.

Are the cabins handicap friendly?

We apologize for this but presently none of them are fully handicapped accessible.

Some of our cabins have only one or two steps up to enter, wider doorways, and low lip showers.

Please call our office to help us understand your needs and find the right cabin.

Where are the boat ramps?

Beavers Bend Marina located off Stevens Gap Road.

Four other boat ramp choices off Stevens Gap Road or Carson Creek Entrance.

Are Canoe rentals available?

Yes, half-day and full-day canoe rentals are available on the lower Mountain Fork River. Also inside Beavers Bend State Park are canoe, paddle boats, bumper boats and kayak rentals. See more at our Things To Do page.

Is ATV riding allowed around the cabins?

ATV riding is strictly prohibited in the cabin areas. Just a few miles north on Highway 259 there is a parking area where you can transport your ATV’s and park. There are miles of off-road ATV trails in the National Forest.

Are there wild animals in the area?

Yes, the cabins are located in the forest and we share the forest with all the local animals. Please use caution when in the outdoors.

Would you like travel insurance?

Don’t let cancellations; interruptions or delays ruin your vacation. Cabins in Broken Bow recommends the purchase of travel insurance through Simply visit and you will discover a wide variety of companies and policies from which to choose. The policies vary in cost and coverage and we recommend you purchase insurance at the time of booking to ensure the best coverage.

In case of an emergency, who should I call?

Please call 911.

Is is free to get into the park?

Beavers Bend state Park has implemented a parking pass program. here is the link: